Primary & excess placement

Construction projects may involve countless stakeholders, complex processes, and an array of risks. They also require comprehensive insurance coverage so your clients can focus on building instead of worrying about their liabilities. Our team can help you round out your clients’ coverage gaps to ensure they are well protected across pollution and environmental mishaps, equipment failure, excess limits, and much more. Plus, we specialize in primary and excess placements, and can work with you in a contract binding or brokerage capacity.

Brokerage & MGA Binding Authority

Industries served

Novatae is an MGA with Binding Authority for the following construction classes:


  • Architects
  • Artisan contractors
  • Construction managers
  • Construction products manufacturers
  • Design/build contractors
  • Energy contractors
  • Engineers
  • Environmental professionals
  • General contractors
  • Course of construction
  • Crime
  • Contractor’s equipment
  • Discontinued products
  • Errors & omissions
  • Excess
  • General liability / practice policy
  • OCP
  • Pollution
  • Project management
  • Project specific
  • Workers’ compensation
  • Wrap/OCIP/CCIP

FAQs – Construction

What does construction insurance cover?

Excess and surplus construction insurance covers many things that are typically excluded in most general liability policies, like pollution. Whether your client is a construction manager, artisan contractor, engineer, general contractor, environmental professional, or other type of contractor, excess and surplus construction insurance may fill the coverage gaps that they face with their primary insurance program. For instance, contractors pollution liability insurance may cover remediation costs from a covered pollution event, as well as third-party bodily injuries and property damage.

Can artisan contractors obtain construction insurance?

Yes, many types of contractors may be able to obtain excess and surplus construction insurance, such as drywallers, roofing companies, painting contractors, electricians, plumbers, and many more.

What type of business should purchase construction insurance?

Any business that works in the construction industry should consider construction insurance. Some of the businesses we work with include general contractors, engineers, construction managers, energy contractors, environmental professionals, architects, design/build contractors, and construction product manufacturers. We understand the unique hazards of their industry and will tailor a construction insurance program that fits their needs and budget.

Related Articles

Get A Quote

Related Resources

Printer Friendly

green-shape (2)-1

Fun Fact: Built in 1885, the Home Insurance Building in Chicago was the first skyscraper in the world at 10 stories high.(1)